Tuesday 3 January 2012

jan 3, 2012

today was all about putting a new life together for myself. taking the steps, making it happen. over the last week or so, i made the heart-wrenching decision to cut my ex out of my life. too much crap there...too many unresolved hurts, and she kept ripping off the bandaid. besides, sometimes it's a better idea to find comfort in a person other than the one who caused you heartache...or the one you share that story with, or however you want to put it. so, today, TODAY was all about making concrete changes to reflect the end of what we shared - splitting our shared cell phone account, for one - and also packing up my stuff so i can move it from her place into a storage locker - in glorious anticipation of my new place! which will be mine and mine alone. after two years of navigating two serious and sometimes difficult relationships, i guess i just need some nights that involve only kittens and bubble baths and good books. no drama, no hard conversations, no fighting, no noise. in fact, no other people at all. ahhhh, i can't wait.

there were a few hard moments today, as i packed (some tears, some memories, some anger), but there were lovely moments, too. the sun on my face as i walked from place to place doing my errands, saying goodbye to things as i sorted and feeling a weight lift - that sort of thing. when i got to the storage place to sign the paperwork for my locker (let's call it my "pre-apartment"?), the guy was so incredibly kind. he was courteous and helpful and even offered me a discount. when i said, "hey, by the way, i found these keys outside - do you know who they might belong to? he reached out with a smile and said, "i believe they're mine! for that, i'll give you a free lock." it was a little moment, but it was a sweet one.

i think i'm going to like this new life of mine. yep, i think i will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment