Tuesday 21 February 2012

feb 16, 2012

well, my friends, the run of my play has come to an end. it went really well. forgive my absence from here - again! the whole thing was pretty demanding on my energy and time. well worth it, though. i took a couple days to recoup afterward and nap and chill out before starting up on blogging again.

i'm going to post on a bunch of different mending projects all in one night tonight - hope you enjoy!

the first mend is to one of my favourite hoodies. my queer n dirty sweatshirt, by an nyc designer named parisa parnian of rigged out/fitters, has this rad screenprint on the back of it:

besides the amazing art, i love this hoodie because it was available in a youth large - which suits my femme sensibilities nicely. i don't like loose clothing, but i like hoodies. i was thrilled to find a whole range of sizes from youth large on up. i tried to look for rigged out/fitters online to link you all to parisa's awesome gear, but her old website is down, and all the references to her butch and femme clothing lines are out-dated. i'm not even sure if you can get these anymore - does anyone know?

anyway, my sweatshirt was developing a hole in the arm...


 ...so i decided to fix it up:


easy as pie! i love when that happens.

i would also add this is the first time i'm using my charming and wonderful vintage mending kit, which my friend a.w. sent me last week. see my valentine's day post for pics and the full story! love it, a.! it's so lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment