Monday 5 March 2012

march 4, 2012

one of my goals for 2012 is to spend more time in skirts and dresses. i've been doing awesome so far, thanks to a new collection of tights and fun accessories that were either store-bought or femme-me-downs (hand-me-downs that pass from one femme to another. thanks a. for passing on this amazing term to me!)

tonight, i'm mending a femme-me-down dress that i wore for the first time on saturday night to see taqralik partridge and ursula rucker perform at versefest. it was an amazing show. at some point in the evening, i happened to look down and see a little tear in the dress, right at the base of the little tear-dropped loop in the front. it needed some attention, and i figured why not mend it now?

the dress is lined, so i turned it inside out to make it easier for me to do a stitch that wouldn't show on the multi-coloured fabric.

here's the before:


and here's the after:

No comments:

Post a Comment