Friday 20 April 2012

april 19, 2012

oh, the heart. it's more than just a blood pump.

there's a reason we talk about what's at the heart of things - it's our way of describing that plodding, electric source of life at the centre of everything we are.

sometimes, when we talk about people being heart-centred and earnest, we say that their heart is on their sleeve. well, i don't need my heart on my sleeve; i need my heart in my chest. front and centre and ready to read my life like a compass.

do you all remember the first mending project i did this year? it was on january 1st, and i mended a little felt heart. it was a loose mend, to symbolically hold my heart together while it started to heal. on february 1st, i cut out the original stitches and did a closer, tighter mend - one that i hoped would help to conquer my broken-heartedness. at least a little.

well, it's almost may now...and the sexy sunny warmth of summer is almost here. which means travel and summer flings and that feeling of expansive possibility. can you feel it? it's already in the air, and it's definitely caught my attention. that's why today, i'm going to put the little felt heart that could onto a halter top that i wear a lot during the summer months. above is how it's going to look after i'm done.

for me, one of the things that's at the heart of living fully is being more transparent about emotion and attachment and want and need. sadly, one of the side-effects of the shit-bomb formerly known as my relationship has been a shyness to express how i really feel.

so! with this mend, i'm putting my heart back in its place - right at the centre of my chest - and reminding myself that to be alive is to feel and embrace everything that comes with it.

hooyeah. bring it.


No comments:

Post a Comment